Heating Engineers Cardiff
It’s that time of year again. Summer is coming to a close, the trees are losing their leaves and the temperature is being to drop. This means you’re looking to putting your heating on in your home or business. At Eric Collier and Son in Cardiff, we understand that keeping your family or employees warm and dry is important. This is why keeping your central heating working efficiently should be top of your list. Our heating engineers Cardiff understand this and can provide you with a cost and power effective heating solution for your property.
Different Heating Systems Explained
When it comes to choosing the way to heat your home and property, we can supply you with a variety of options to suit you and your requirements. Our heating engineers are trained to install and repair many types of central heating and boiler systems so you are not left without heating during winter.
- Combi Boilers – These are the UK’s most popular choice when it comes to boilers. They not only heat your home but heat your water, making them an economical choice. Our heating engineers can install them quicker than the others so you can have a warm house and a hot bath sooner! However, using multiple taps around the house at one time can reduce the water flow but our heating engineers will advise you on this.
- Conventional Boilers – These are your regular or heat only boilers. They heat your radiators and the hot water in your property. You do however need to decide ahead of time when you want hot water so you can programme the boiler to heat the water. Our experienced heating engineers can also install an electrical immersion heater into your property which can act as a back up if your boiler were to break down and an engineer was unavailable. However, the hot water cylinder that is required with a conventional boiler can take up a lot of space in your property. Also, if the hot water cylinder runs out of water, you will need to wait for it to refill before using the hot water again.
- System Boiler – These are very similar to conventional boilers and are equally as popular in the British home due to their hot water capacity. They are simple for our heating engineers to install in your property and combine high efficiency with high performance.
When should I replace my boiler?
A boiler lasts up to 15 years in the average UK home. This time can be extended by having one of our corgi registered heating engineers cardiff come out to your property to service your boiler. During the service, they are also able to notify you on the predicted life that your boiler has left. This means that you aren’t left with no heating or hot water when winter comes.
General signs that your boiler needs replacing are:
- The boiler is over 15 years old
- The boiler has an energy rating below A
- It takes a long time for it to heat up your radiators and water
- The boiler’s flame, if it is a gas boiler, is yellow rather than blue
- Your property doesn’t feel as warm as it should or has done
- Your fuel bills are more expensive than they used to
- Strange noises or odd smells emitted from your boiler
To get your home ready for winter or to learn more about what our heating engineers can do for your home or work place, visit our website or call our Cardiff office on 029 20 508711 to talk to one of our heating engineers, and get some qualified and trusted advice.